Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quick update

I am here in the Hostel in Rome. It has free internet! We're staying in a room with four sets of bunkbeds- all full. I might be too old for this. Also-maybe I'm out of shape- soooo much walking! But, we've had such a marvelous time. London was great. We saw all the major landmarks - Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, London Bridge, The London Eye (the very big ferris wheel). I can't believe Johnno got me on that thing. We decided that since our flight was leaving so early, we would stay late in London and sleep at the airport. I was worried about being arrested for loitering, but we were just two of hundreds. Some people even had air mattresses. I had some trouble sleeping- but was able to sleep on the flight. When we first got here we had some trouble getting to the hostel- Metro broken and crazy crowded buses full of people who had no respect for my personal space. We finally found it, took showers and headed out to the Colliseum. Yesterday and today have been amazing. Everytime we turn a corner, there is a fountain or statue. We've had pizza twice and gelato three times. Today we took the Metro to the Vatican and the Pope was speaking! Not in english but I just clapped when everybody else did . We've been to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Sistine Chapel and a bunch of other things that I can't even think of now. Sooo tired. Tomorrow- Paris!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

My God!! You sure know how to pack it in. I'm soooo loving these updates! And you are cracking me up! Keep em coming.