Friday, September 28, 2007

Art and Henna






Most days ,while surfing the web, I check out Central Jersey's craigslist .Mostly I check the Free page and the Artist page but I also like (guilty pleasure)the Missed Connections page. Anyway about two weeks ago , in the Artist section someone was offering free canvases, so I e-mailed him and sent my phone number. He called a couple days later and told me how to get to the studio. It was just about a mile away and right down the road from my house! His name is Darren and he was cleaning out his Uncle's studio. So the top three pictures are just some of the art that I was lucky enough to receive for free. My original plan was to paint over them but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to do that. Darren was also kind enough to e-mail me this link to his Uncle's MySpace page. Check it out- He was an amazing artist.
The bottom picture is my henna- one week later. It's really holding up. The one on the top of my foot is almost gone and Riley's knuckles are completely faded (Thank God) .

3 comments:

kecia deveney said...

hey roxanne! yeah, the trailer is fun. we've been thinking about it for awhile too - so it was nice to actually finally do something about it. we bought in Lakewood - now is the time to buy............
kecia

kecia deveney said...

oh yeah, have you ever checked freecyclers.org for our area?

pamajama said...

Roxanne, you are just too interesting! Love the art. But it was a mistake to mention that "Missed Connections" thing that had me up looking at weird stuff until 1 a.m. Uh-oh.