Thursday, August 16, 2007

Gunter glieben glauchen globen


photo credit: Rolling Stone .com


H is for Heavy metal, Hard rock or eighties Hair bands- last night we went to see Def Leppard, Foreigner, and Styx in concert. A few months ago, I showed Griffin and Riley the lineup of who was playing at the PNC Art Center this summer. They surprised me when they got so super excited about this concert. I kinda thought they would go for Weird Al (a totally underrated musical genius, in my opinion). I really enjoyed myself- I knew I would do some great people-watching (one of my favorite pastimes) but I really got into the music. We tailgated before the show (really just a picnic). We had a ticket for Johnno but he wasn't into it so we brought G and R's friend from down the street. I think because of some of their video games esp. Guitar Hero- they have been exposed to older bands. See- among other things- video games can teach Music Appreciation.
Highlights of the evening- Tim liked Foreigner the best.
I liked the people watching- especially the people I came with-they were so cute singing along and really getting into the music. Also- the teenagers in front of us -they were playing the air guitar and air keyboards- adorable. Unfortunately, I left my air cowbell in the car. I really rock the air cowbell.
Another highlight for me-Styx- "I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, They climbed aboard their starships and headed for the skies."
Then the song that closed the night-

Gunter glieben glauchen globen
I got something to say-
it's better to burn out
Than fade away
Rise up gather round
Rock this place to the ground
Burn it up, let's go for broke
Watch the night go up in smoke.
Rock on ! Rock on!
Driver me crazier, no serenade
No fire brigade, just a pyromania!
C'mon
What do you want?
What do you want?
I want Rock 'n roll
Long live Rock 'n roll!
you betcha

No comments: