Saturday, August 25, 2007

Minding my P's and Q's


P is for Passport!!! John and I applied months ago and they finally came yesterday- wahoo! What a huge relief. We had just given up hope and were starting the process of having it expedited. John leaves for England in three weeks- and I got a passport because I'm hoping to be able to go visit him and because, ideally, parents should be ready, god forbid, in case they need to get to their child in an emergency.

Q is for quotes. I love a good quote- I collect them. I'm always ripping one out of a magazine or jotting something down on a piece of scrap paper. Some Favorites ;

  • "The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our disposition, and not our circumstances" Martha Washington
  • "Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where, it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs." Fran Lebowitz
  • "A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety." Aesop
  • " My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." Mark Twain
  • " I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." Emma Goldman
  • "As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life." Buddha
  • " None of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart. She was in a class by herself." E.B. White
  • " My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy the ice cream while it is on your plate." Thornton Wilder
  • " In my whole life, I've wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin. It's the most liberating thing in the whole world." Drew Barrymore
  • " Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year." Victor Borge
  • "They drew all manner of things- everything that begins with an M... such as mousetraps, and the moon, and memory and muchness." Lewis Carroll
  • "There is no old age. There is, as there always was, just you." Carol Matthau
  • " Love, very simply, matters most." Nora Roberts
  • " There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mahatma Gandhi
  • " There are always hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort, and make well. While I don't ask you to save the world, I do ask you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary, and remove from your life those who offer you despair and disrespect." Nikki Giovanni

No comments: