Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random Thursday

I love that our silverware doesn't match.
I could get a matching set- I have, in fact.
I just sent it off for John and his roommates
to use. But I just love having a hodge-podge
set. I've collected it bit by bit over the years
from garage sales, rummage sales, family
cast-offs and the like.



That's not to say that I don't have my favorites-


The Merck spoon is from a box of things my Dad
gave me from my Nana's apt. after he cleaned it out.
My Poppy K worked at Merck for many years.And
the monogrammed G spoon is from a rummage sale.

1 comment:

pamajama said...

I love mismatch & that you have your Nana's spoon. I really am not interested in matchy expensive stuff. It's so boring! As usual, you are almost the leader of the pack, starting new trends!