- Re-learn to play my flute.
- Organize two or more field trips for homeschoolers.
- Participate in at LEAST two ATC trades with the Imagination Tribe.
- Fold 1,000 origami peace cranes to be given out to friends, family and at peace marches. This is a big undertaking that I'm not getting into lightly- It might take me all year but I'm going to do it!
- Try very, very hard to take my kids to visit my Aunt Carol in Ohio this summer. This depends on money and our cars.
- Spend some time on Flickr- uploading photos , visiting others and leaving comments.
- We're planning to do a "unit study" on immigration this spring , culminating with a trip to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
- Find the little booklet that came with my digital camera and read it!
- Make more time for crafting.
- Learn more about practicing Mindfulness. I need to be more mindful about what I'm eating,what-how-where I'm spending money , how I spend my time , the kind of examples I'm setting for my boys, being thankful for all my blessings, etc. Basically I feel I need to be more Mindful.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Happy New Year! 2008
After many, many years of making many, many New Year's resolutions you'd think I would know better- still I enjoy thinking of this time as a fresh year, a fresh start. The possibilities, the potential. Cruising around blogland, I've read what others are pledging this year- changing bad habits, starting new hobbies, etc. Several were just to-do lists- they were interesting and inspired me to think of what I'd like to accomplish this year.