1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate with marshmallows.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
She wraps them.
3. Colored or white lights?
Either/or but not both together.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes of course- kissings my favorite
5. When do you put your decorations up?
We start the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Mostly all the sweets- candy, cookies. I love the butter cookies my sister Tracy makes from an old family recipe. I love the stuffed cabbage from a family party. The potato pancakes my father's wife Linda makes are the best. On the healthier side (and a very small side it is)- we love the little Clementine oranges that are available this time of year.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
After we would open all our presents, my sisters and I would make forts and arrange our gifts for hours. We took "light rides" to admire all the holiday decorations and we went to the same family parties that I take my kids to now.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? Is there something you're not telling me?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes- we go to my sister JoAnne's house and exchange gifts with her family.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
This year- Griffin and Riley shaped the tree (it's faux) and started putting the lights on. Tim finished the lights and I did the ornaments. I've done "theme" trees in the past but for the last couple years it's been colored lights, popcorn and cranberry garland, old stuffed animals, and a ton of ornaments.
11. Snow: Love it or hate it?
Love it- as long as we don't have to go anywhere
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes- but no tricks. Staying up is hard enough.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Anything made or bought by my children. Last year Tim gave me a diamond ring. I never wear it and was considering selling it to help fund my trip to Europe (didn't) but it was fun to answer the "What did you get for Christmas?" question that year.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with my friends and family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
For the last few years I've made fried ice cream for dessert. I'll post a recipe tomorrow.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
If I had to pick just one- watching my boys open their gifts on Christmas morning.
17. What is on top of your tree?
A star- it used to be an Angel- but years ago Griffin fell in love with a star he saw in a store and Santa surprised him by putting it on our tree for Christmas morning
18. Which do you like best giving or receiving?
Getting presents totally rocks- " 'Tis better to give than receive"- who said that? Some crazy.
20. Do you like candy canes?
Yes- peppermint but not the weird flavors (bubble gum, cherry, etc.)
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
Elf, A Christmas Story, Fred Claus, Love Actually- favorite TV specials- Year Without a Santa Claus, Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer, The Grinch who Stole Christmas.