Monday, October 6, 2008

Very timely

Interesting article- from Fox News of all places! I found this on one of my many homeschooling e-mail groups. It's about the educational value of playing online computer games that even mentions unschooling! This article is about the World of Warcraft game and Griffin and Riley play Runescape but it's still the same concept. I have noticed how their typing skills have improved greatly- Riley's fingers are a blur! And a couple months ago I was reading a long post Griffin was sending to an online friend debating the merits of waffles vs. pancakes. This from a boy who claims he hates to write. And I was going to have a little talk with them today about how they are spending too much time on the computer - maybe they should be spending more time on it!

No comments: