Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Passing the Pokemon torch




Last week- a visit from my sister and her two little ones. Turns out ten years later and Pokemon is still going strong. D and M are collecting cards now just like Griffin and Riley were at their age- back in the 90's! "Gotta catch 'em all- Pokemon!" I still think that's a great gimmick. I remember buying cards and figures, watching the TV show, going to the Pokemon movies, going to Burger King for the happy meal toys(and I remember the happy meal toy recall). We had serious Pokemon love going on for years and years. It was a HUGE part of their childhood- they could dress from head to toe in their Pokemon themed clothing, fell asleep on Pokemon sheets snuggling with their giant fleece pickachu, G and R were Pokemon characters for Halloween (for more than one year even).
So when their cousins came over for a visit last week it was just a little bittersweet for me to watch my big guys hand over (almost all) of their Pokemon cards and all of their videos to the next Pokemon generation.

Gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all
Pokemon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"almost all"??? We'll be expecting the rest soon!

Thank you for the cards. I love watching the kids and their friends play with them. It is among their favorite toys.