Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pimp Your Uggs

I love the comfortable look of Ugg boots but they are so not in our budget. So when I happened upon these Fuggs (Fake + Uggs = Fuggs) for $1 at a rummage sale, I snapped them right up. Now I was born with the wide calves of my peasant Polish foremothers , so they didn't fit quite right. Here's how I fixed them up-

Step One-
I removed most of the beaded snowflakes
off the front of the boots.

Step Two-
I cut along the inside seam
and hand sewed a fabric
insert to each side.

Step Three-
I diluted acrylic paint with a little
water and gave them a couple coats.
It takes about a day to dry completely.

I'm still thinking I might add some more
color- stripes or maybe swirls. But for
now I like them fine the way they are.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I luuuurrrrv these boots! Way to go. I'm hoping I find some at this weeks rummage sale so I can copy!!

pamajama said...

LOL - "the wide calves of my peasant Polish foremothers"! I wish I'd written such poetry:)

Nancy said...

i get my fuggs at target. they have shorter calf parts so they fit ok, but yours are so fun looking!

Nancy said...

i get my fuggs at target. they have shorter calf parts so they fit ok, but yours are so fun looking!